I am very task oriented and don't like it when things don't get done on time or in the way in which I thought they should. I also tend to stay stressed, trying to make sure that I get done what needs to be done so that God's plans can be carried out in my life (as if it all depends upon me).
A very comforting and convicting passage that God has put on my heart lately is Exodus 19:4. God has just brought the children of Israel out of Egptian bondage and now they are wandering in the wilderness, and here is what God said to Moses, which is the message he was to give to the people: "You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself."
When I stay focused on trying to finish the next ministry task or get to the next ministry field, I miss that what God has called me to is himself!
I need this reminder. I am not supposed to spend my energy chasing a job or a location, but God! For he has called me to himself.
We all need to be reminded of that;Psalms 42: 1-2 "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you O God. My soul thirsts for God for the living God.
ReplyDelete