Monday, August 2, 2010

My Dependence

It is so amazing to know that our Father is personal and that he speaks to us. The other morning while spending time in His presence and feeling a bit overwhelmed by things going on in life, the Father reminded me (from Exodus 3 and 4) that it does not matter who I am or what I am capable of. It only matters who He is and what He is capable of. Moses was reminded of this several times in these two chapters, and the Father reminded me of this as well.

This word from the Father came to me at just the right time and in a way that applying it to my life meant deepening my dependence upon Him.

I also love the fact that our Father loves us so much that he puts us in circumstances in which he graciously and gently loads the pressure on, so that we will learn to look to Him in all things and not to ourselves.

I am always amazed, and more and more lately, that He pursues me!

1 comment:

  1. Jody,
    You spoke of God’s loving pressure, applied so we look to him. This past weekend I met with several other homeschool moms to have an informal retreat. My friend, Shealyn, led us to recognize His heavy hand as a BLESSING: the blessing of conviction, of guidance. In Psalm 32, He is applying his loving pressure to David. "When I kept silent, my bones wasted away (not turning to him yet?)" ... "For day and night your hand was heavy upon me ..." "THEN I acknowledged my sin ... and confessed." Thank you for this timely post! God is CONSISTENT throughout his timeless word to us. I pray for your continual recognition of God’s blessings!

    ReplyDelete